1. Prepare pizza with a premade flatbread, available in most grocery stores. I prefer to use Naan, but you can use pita bread or any variation.
2. Spread on your favorite Croix Valley Sauce as your base. If looking to deviate from a traditional BBQ flavor, our Original Steak Sauce, the Hot N Spicy or Garlic N Herb are fantastic for pizzas!
3. Add your toppings. As you'll be cooking the pizza simply to crisp the crust and melt the cheese, any proteins must be pre-cooked. If you want the full flavor of the grill to shine in your pizza, grill your veggies ahead of time as well. Grilled onion, peppers, mushrooms and more are perfect for this style of pizza.
4. Add your cheese and you're off to the races!
5. Bake your pizza over indirect heat for 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and your crust begins to brown and crisp on the bottom. Serve and enjoy!
Once you’ve had a grilled pizza, you’ll never want to go try it any other way. Outside of heating up your grill, the time involved in grilling a pizza is less than waiting for delivery or preheating your oven for a frozen disappointment. Not only will the tastes and aromas gratify your senses, but the freshness of the ingredients and ease in creating your backyard masterpiece will have you wondering why it’s taken you so long to get out of the hot dog rut of grilling. Enjoy your time making outdoor cuisine and indulge in a pizza like you’ve never experienced before.
Leave a comment